Wednesday, May 5, 2010

British Invasion: Blog #5: Canary Wharf and the TARDIS

Welcome to the 5th edition of the British Invasion Blog! Today started with a trip to the Ogilvy "East" office to visit their Digital Lab. It was very, very cool and impressive to say the least. Here is a link to their current sizzle reel of technologies they've been testing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylm-2_1TaM4

Did you watch? Pretty cool shyte. Especially in person. By the way, not to be overshadowed by yesterdays post of the Ogilvy "West" office, here's a shot of the "East" office, which is very, very swank.

I got to work on some Motorola work today with the team here, which was pretty cool. Doing some photoshoots and animations. After leaving work, I had to go to take a picture of the coolest, yet nerdiest thing I've seen during my whole adventure:

The last standing Police Box in London! For those of you in the know, Dr. Who's time machine is a Police Box just like this called the TARDIS. It was very cool. I'm sure Erin will be super jealous ;)

So that was my day. Aside from doing some cool stuff and talking comics with my new friend Tarrick at work, it was a very lonely, sad day. I'm ready to come home. I'm missing Erin and everyone a whole lot.

I'll leave you with a video I HAD to take while eating at a pub near Earls Court this evening.

Til tomorrow, when I'm having lunch with the creatives at work and then dinner at an "Interactive" restaurant. Enjoy this very British, very drunk old chap:



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the videos--especially the old drunk guy--what a hoot! What a great tour guide you are! Need more pics of you!!!