Monday, May 3, 2010

British Invasion: Blog #3: The Tower Bridge and Peter Pan


Have I mentioned that the days seem reaaaaally long here? Like take for instance this picture of the Tower Bridge that I took at around Noon today seems like an eternity ago.

Anyway, today's Bank Holiday has been a pretty nice day weather wise, it started with a tube ride to the Tower of London and then on to Hammersmith to meet my co-worker Christine at her flat for lunch (we walked to a nearby Indian Restaurant that was very yummy) after lunch, I took the tube back to Central London to go to Harrod's to buy some gifts for Erin and my mom (Mother's Days less than a week away...)


After that, it was a beautiful walk through Hyde Park as I searched for the statue of Peter Pan that I remembered from my last trip to London some 17 years ago. Luckily there are signs, because obviously things have changed a lot in that time. I walked past where the hotel we stayed at the time used to be (and is now a vacant lot) and through the Kensington Gardens and to my joy, there he was: the Pan
After seeing where Led Zeppelin recorded their albums near where I ate lunch, I'm kinda in the mood for a trip to the original Hard Rock for dinner, where I've been before, but still...

Besides, it's near Buckingham Palace whcih I'd like to get a shot of or two.

Til tomorrow, when I'll be at the Ogilvy office for the first time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't want to grow up! I love the movie Peter Pan, although it was a little intense with the whole crocodile thing and the wooden plank...I'm glad you are enjoying the sights and hope you have a great adventure on your first day at work at Ogilvy London!